Monday, November 30, 2009

My Winter Skin Regiment-Economy friendly review



***Disclaimer*** The product mentioned in this video is opinion on an item that was purchased by myself. This is not a paid advertisement. I have no affiliation with any companies mentioned besides the fact of purchasing items. Please keep in mind that this is an opinion of a consumer; being myself. Please use your own discretion when purchasing from any merchant. I will not be liable for any outcomes in reference to your purchases. This is purely for entertainment purposes only. 


Its that time again....for dry achy skin.  I wanted to share what I use for my face. I forgot to take a picture of my shea butter and vaseline but those are some of the items I use on a regular. I use those two things for everything....from my face, lips, and all the way to my toes.

Shea Butter...Can be about 2-5 bucks a jar. Depends on where you get it. We are talking the pure form. 

Vaseline...I usually get a big jar from the Dollar General for about 2.



I dont get fancy with the astrigent anymore. I just use my good ole witch hazel. Works the same and cheaper. Well wait a minute, some astrigents are too strong and burn my skin. I dont have that issue with witch hazel.

Witch Hazel....99 cents. 


Ponds and Lubriderm works wonders in the winter. It tends to be too oily in the summer for me but this is my joints in the winter. 

You can get the generic for both which I believe are like 2-3 bucks a bottle. The two I have on display was 4 for both. 



My apricot scrub....Love it! I haven't used it in years. I went to the more expensive stuff and did nothing all fancy. I came right back to my apricot scrub. I use this product once a week. This is the only product that has Salicylic Acid I can use without breaking out. 


I think you can get this for about 4 bucks...Maybe less. I cant remember. 


Mint Julep Mask....I have been using this stuff since I was a pre-teen and I had those big ass zits. It works wonders. I love the stuff. I only use it every two weeks or when I have a pimple breakout. I put some of it on that bad boy. Works like a charm. 


I think you can get this for a bout 4 bucks as well. I cant seem to remember. When I go to the store I will update my prices if they are not accurate.



All these items tend to be on sale at your local drug store. You can even find them at your local Dollar General. I have really oily skin in the summer and dry skin in the winter. So please keep this in mind when trying any of these products.





I did forget something. My facial cleaner is Olay gentle wash. You can purchase for about 3 bucks. GREAT STUFF. I am allergic to most of the cleaners out there because of the Salicylic Acid. Most burn my skin and leaves it raw. Then I break out in a rash. I advise the same to you if you have the same results. 


 

1 comment:

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

That mint julep is the bomb!!!! I use it every two weeks, along with shea butter to moisturize my skin.