Thursday, October 29, 2009
Have you ever met someone that every time you talk to them they have a sad ass story for you? They want you to pity them and their situation. No one has a worse time in life than them. Well today I am going to take a stand. I won't be mean (tell them to shut the shit up) but I am going to start telling people that their situation isn't the end of the world. If they keep speaking negativity to their lives then they enjoy the negative situation.
SIGHHHH!!!! I feel so much better digressing. HA!!! If you think about it this is my pity adult bitch and moan session...I mean whining.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I got the flu shot yesterday. This flu thing is shhhh is out of control. They are even offering them in the schools. This is crazy. One simple way people can control these illness is stay their asses home when they are sick. It frustrates me to no end when I see people sick and knowing they should be in the bed some where out and about. Then I watched this woman go to the bathroom and not even wash her hands. Come on people. That is nasty. Im'ma get nasty witcha. You go and touch your urine saturated vagina to wipe and you dont feel the need to wash your hands. Dont worry I wont touch you and please don't invite me to your house because I would hate to tell you that I will not accept that invitation because of your hygiene practice. I heard someone say that the soap is too harsh and breaks them out. Carry a small container in your purse of your favorite soap. Go to the store and stock up on my hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will not do it alone people. Antibacterial soap and water. WATER YOUR DAMN HANDS!!!!
Ok, I'm done ranting. LOL!! Talk to you later. Have work to do. HA!
Sorry but watching the news and reading people are closing schools because of these illnesses are beyond me.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Cant really tell what everything is but it really came out cool. I need a few more magazines in order to finish but I am working on it.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- Be S.M.A.R.T.: Set S.M.A.R.T. goals. This goal setting acronym approach has been around for a long time and it still works! You increase your odds of reaching your goal if you answer yes to all of these as you set it:
· Specific – have I described details rather than general ideas of the goal?
· Measurable – can someone else measure and see that I reached my goal?
· Attainable – is this goal actually reachable?
· Realistic – even if it is reachable, is it realistic that I am willing to do what it takes to reach it.
· Timeline – do I have a deadline for reaching this goal?
- Document: If it’s not documented, it’s not going to happen. Most leaders learn quickly (often the hard way,) if it isn’t documented it didn’t happen. Goal setting is similar, it must be documented. The act of writing your goal down creates a sense of commitment and also allows you to read it. Reading your goal gives your mind more confidence that achieving it is possible. We tend to believe what we read, that is why magazines like The Globe can sell stories about aliens abducting Bigfoot. Write your goals down and look at them frequently.
- Why Me!?: Why is the goal important to you? Think about what benefits the goal offers you. What rewards are associated with reaching this goal? Do you want those rewards? If not, you are not going to stay committed to reaching the goal. The bigger the why, the greater chance of success. If your why is big enough, you will usually figure out the how. It is up to you to discover a why that makes you want to achieve the goal.
- No Magic: Resist magically turning excuses into reasons. I have witnessed people magically turn what appeared to be an excuse into a perfectly justifiable reason for not achieving a goal. This powerful magic trick can only be reversed by the magician who performed it. We are all amateur magicians in that sense. We are all guilty of accepting situations as final and giving up on goals. If we want to reach goals (especially those worthwhile difficult goals) we must fight the urge to perform and leave the magic to Penn & Teller.
- Habit Forming: Make goal setting a regular part of your life. Much like a successful diet, goal setting works best when it becomes part of the fabric of your life. Yo-yo dieting is a huge issue in the United States. People get motivated to lose weight, so they start the latest fad diet. After a few weeks (or even hours in some cases) we find ourselves on the downward spin of the yo-yo. The people that have had the most success with losing weight long-term are the ones who have made a healthy diet permanent part of their life - not a temporary prison sentence they are waiting to get paroled from. The same can be seen with goal setting. The more a part of your life it is, the easier it becomes and the greater your success.
- Get Help: Have a coach help you through the process. If you are pursuing a large or long-term goal, you may benefit from the support of a coach. Depending on the importance of the goal, this can be a professional coach or even a trusted co-worker or friend. A good coach will support you, while at the same time holding you accountable to do your best. In most cases, it is wise to not share your goal with everyone. Many people love to pick goals apart and you may find yourself using your energy to defend your ability to reach your goal instead of using it to achieve your goal. A safe, trusted advisor may be just what you need to reach your goal, but choose wisely.
- Impress Yourself: Set goals that impress you. When we start to walk as small children, every step is applauded. This constant positive reinforcement is used to encourage our desire and persistence to walk. Eventually, they stop clapping. This is because you have moved beyond walking and onto more difficult physical challenges. As a leader, you have likely achieved a level of success at work. In order to stay sharp and continue to grow, your goals must progress beyond your current status. It is more important that your goals impress you, than impress others. Michael Jordan did not become the “Michael Jordan” by limiting himself to what impressed others.
Remember to focus on your goals. Do something today towards your goals. One step closer....remember that!!! Also, dont forget to have a talk with God for your strength to stay focused and steadfast.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I have to say no. People have to go through something sometimes to learn where they are going. If they are willing to grow from their past why should I not move forward. As long as you live life learning and growing. I don't think that their past would hinder me from moving forward with them. Just like everything else, there are always exceptions to the rule. But you have to be a strong person to really decide if you are ready to deal with a shaky past. A situation doesn't make a person. The person has to make him/herself grow from situations.
I honestly have to say that I have not read anything in a book. I was motivated to get back in my my grind by looking at others working hard towards their goals. I tend to start things but not complete them because I just get bored or not focused. Well that is over. I am doing this with the guidance of God. I know that I will do this this time.
1. Buying a house
I want to buy a home but I have to wait and see where my husband career is going to take us within the next year or two. Which means that I can start saving and exploring my credit. I am in the preparation stage for purchasing a home.
Creating my business plan this isn't a long term project but I want to start on this when I finish my classes in two weeks. I want to be able to concentrate on this without the distractions of my school work. I will be spending a lot of time in Starbucks with my journal and jotting down my ideas in order to create my business plan.
I will be putting my application in for school in the next few weeks. I want to finish my classes first. I am applying for the Spring semester. I have already decided what school I am going to so all I have to do is my application and get accepted.
I have been going to the chapel here on post but it really does suck. I will be exploring more with churches looking until I find a nice fit. I can start this as soon as Sunday. Right??
The new year is when I can going to go out and look for my car. Well my husband is going out to look for my car. I rather have him here to help. He loves cars and anything to do with cars.
Already started planning for this. Our next vacation will be around Christmas. Now all I have to so is plan for 2010's vacation.
I love the computer. I am not a TV person so my outlet is the computer. I go to school on the computer. I find myself on the computer during most my free time. No more. I have limited myself on the computer. I know that I have to do my school work but all other stuff will not be a priority.
This one is going to be hard for me because I have to find where I am slacking and improve. I think I will get my kids feedback. HA!!! 3 and 6 yr old feedback. But I can always find what more can mommy do to make our time together special.
When he is home, we don't have date night anymore. I think that is one way to improve on our relationship. Time alone is very hard for us but its needed. Shoot, that is what I asked my mom for for Christmas...at least 4 hours of babysitting.
I am actively doing this now. If they are not looking to better themselves then I really don't need that friendship. One thing I have learned over the years is that you do not want to be the smartest person in your group. Why? Because what do you have to grow towards. Your friends should want you to do better. If you are the smartest in the group, you have nothing to work towards. Sometimes you are dumming yourself up to get on their level. Offensive maybe but why would you want to surround yourself with people not wanting to do more, be more, see more.
11. Bonus: Work on my fear of failure.
My business plan and moving forward will help with this. I cant be afraid that I will fail. Failure is not finding out if I am capable in the first place.
12. Personal Mental and Physical Health
This sort of branches off of the "me" time. I need to be able to have some "me" time at least one day per week for at least an hour. Adding more time when I can. I need time to reflect and nourish myself. I have started that and actively working on "me" time.
Being physically healthy hasn't been one of my priorities lately. I have been trying to work on that. I have gone back to making detailed menus for my family; breakfast, lunch, dinner, 2 snacks and a dessert. This can be hard for some people but it can really save you on time, waist line and money.
I will be updating these things on my blog as I grow. I can not become my potential if I don't progressively work on it.
Wish me luck!!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
11. Bonus: Work on my fear of failure.
I was a Big Barnes and Noble shopper as well...No more.
I know that the world is filled with racism and bigotry but I will not knowingly give my money to companies that clearly disrespect my heritage.
Monday, October 12, 2009
“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”
Since my regular week wont start until tomorrow because of the 4 day weekend. I think my nerves wont be fried by the time Thursday get here.
I am learning to make homework fun. So that doesnt seem like its too much. Its actually working. Matthew has done some sort of homework this whole 4 day weekend. He hasnt realized that it is actually homework. YAY me!!
I have to remember that I am a black mother of a black man. I don't care what anyone say but we have to work harder to get ahead in this world. We have to ensure that our children are ready to compete for everything in this world. Just because we have a black president doesn't make our struggle any easier. We actually have to work harder. Racism is always going to exist because of ignorance and fear. Shoot, I had to check someone the other day because of a statement she made. She then proceeded to tell me that it was ok for her to say what she said pretty much because we had "our" black president. Chile, it took all I had not to step out of character.
People tend to assume that because my husband is in the Army that he is uneducated. I will brag that my husband is very educated and went to a HBCU. Soon as he gets home he will finish up his last few classes for his Masters. Then will proceed to get his PH.D.. So when someone assume that we are nothing and the military was out way out, yes I do get offended and I will get indignant with 'cha.
With that being said, I know that my responsible of a mother can be a challenging one but my daily pay-off is a blessing. I wont stop working hard for my children education. My children will not depend on getting a scholarship in sports. Its a option but they are going to get this education thing academically as well.
Sorry I just had to vent a little....
Thursday, October 8, 2009
This challenge is very simple. I want you to go and make a Vision Board. Take a picture and post it in your blog.
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a poster board on which you paste or collage images that you’ve torn out from various magazines. Very simple right. The images that I want you to put on this board are images that represent what you want out of life, where you want to live, vacations ideas, changes you want to make, and things you are most proud of. Get it??
Example: If you want to own your own home. Find pictures or ideas that represent that goal and incorporate it in your board. You can add as much as you want. Just make sure that it represents you.
I am on the search for old magazine and I will be starting mind soon.
Get this done by October 31, 2009. Dont forget to post it on your blog.
Ideas by Christine Kane
Three Types of Vision Boards:
1 - The “I Know Exactly What I Want” Vision Board
Do this vision board if:
- You’re very clear about your desires.
- You want to change your environment or surroundings.
- There is a specific thing you want to manifest in your life. (i.e. a new home, or starting a business.)
How to create this vision board:
With your clear desire in mind, set out looking for the exact pictures which portray your vision. If you want a house by the water, then get out the Dwell magazine and start there. If you want to start your own business, find images that capture that idea for you. If you want to learn guitar, then find that picture. I remember at the last retreat, one woman yelled out, “If anyone finds a picture of a little girl with red hair who looks happy, give it to me!” And someone else yelled out, “I’m looking for a Cadillac!” Pretty soon, a lively trading session began. Following the five steps above, create your vision board out of these images.
2 – The “Opening and Allowing” Vision Board
Do this vision board if:
- You’re not sure what exactly you want
- You’ve been in a period of depression or grief
- You have a vision of what you want, but are uncertain about it in some way.
- You know you want change but don’t know how it’s possible.
How to create this vision board:
Go through each magazine. Tear out images that delight you. Don’t ask why. Just keep going through the magazines. If it’s a picture of a teddy bear that makes you smile, then pull it out. If it’s a cottage in a misty countryside, then rip it out. Just have fun and be open to whatever calls to you. Then, as you go through Step 2 above, hold that same openness, but ask yourself what this picture might mean. What is it telling you about you? Does it mean you need to take more naps? Does it mean you want to get a dog, or stop hanging out with a particular person who drains you? Most likely you’ll know the answer. If you don’t, but you still love the image, then put it on your vision board anyway. It will have an answer for you soon enough. Some women at my retreats had NO idea what their board was about, and it wasn’t until two months later that they understood. The Opening and Allowing Vision Board can be a powerful guide for you. I like it better than the first model because sometimes our egos think they know what we want, and lots of times those desires aren’t in alignment with who we really are. This goes deeper than just getting what you want. It can speak to you and teach you a little bit about yourself and your passion.
3 – The “Theme” Vision Board
Do this vision board if:
- It’s your birthday or New Years Eve or some significant event that starts a new cycle.
- If you are working with one particular area of your life. For instance, Work & Career.
How to create this vision board:
The only difference between this vision board and the others is that this one has clear parameters and intent. Before you begin the vision board, take a moment to hold the intent and the theme in mind. When you choose pictures, they will be in alignment with the theme. You can do the Theme Vision Board on smaller pages, like a page in your journal.
Some things to remember about vision boards:
- You can use a combination of all three types of vision boards as you create. Sometimes you might start out doing one kind, and then your intuition takes over and shifts into a whole different mode. That’s called creativity. Just roll with it.
- Your vision board might change as you are making it. I was just talking with a friend of mine who said that she had been making a vision board for the new year. The theme was all about what she wanted in this year. Then, as she pulled pictures and began to lay them out, the theme changed into a simpler one about her everyday life and the moments in each day. It surprised and delighted her to experience that evolution. You might find that you have little epiphanies from making a vision board.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I have made it to see 32 years on this earth. What a ride!!! Through my journey thus far, I have learned so much. Surprising!!! When you think of it, 32 years isn't long at all when it comes to life lessons. I have grown physically and mentally. I remember when I was so carefree without a care in the world. Now, my greatest fears are surrounding my beautiful children...My family. One of the greatest lesson I have learned is to walk with and lean on God. He will never fail me. I am learning myself. I have also recognized that in my life I did things for the shear pleasure of the thrill. I have also found myself in search of approval. I am growing to know that everyone wont like me and being so carefree isn't always that fun.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Am I the only woman above 30 that is excited that my birthday is tomorrow. I mean I have a lot to be happy about. I am truly bless. I have a wonderful family. Not to mention look damn good for being 32 tomorrow. Party with me. I am partying without my husband but its still exciting . God has allowed me to celebrate my life for 31 years and 364 days.
Me and the kids are doing it big. Birthday cake and all. I am cooking my favorite dinner. I am opening birthday gifts. Yep, Birthday gifts.
All I can say is Thank you Lord for continuing to bless me.
Big UP to my libras!!!!
So, I am one of THOSE people that dont drink liquids enough. I get so caught up with everyday situations that I honestly can go all day with drinking maybe 16 ozs. Well I know thats not good some I came up with a little solution and it works like a charm.
Sonic ice and I have a love affair going on. I LOVE there ice. So I decided to go buy a bag. Sonic Ice is in my freezer...ummmm Sexy!!! I actually found myself all day with a drink in my hand just to have some more of that ice. It may be a weird love affair but it works.
My hair isnt that as itchy. The new shampoo is helping also. Plus its growing. I think like a month ago I trimmed my bangs brown length. They are back to my chin. Protective styles are really a winning. After I co-wash today I think I am going to do a braid out. I havent done one is years. The Hair Regi is still the same.
I am finally able to get a shoe on my right foot so I am going to try and work out today. I been breaking dates with Billy for a week. Billy Blanks, Jr. that is.
Back on track and on a mission.
Monday, October 5, 2009
I think I am going to like the fashion for the fall and upcoming winter season. I love the winter and fall for all the fashion that I can explore with. I don't like the bitter cold but love the hats, boots, coats, sweaters, etc. I love it. It seems that the 80's and 50's are combining and trending this season.
Colors for the upcoming season:
- Grey: from earthy-grey tints to light grey tones sparkly metallic
- Brown: tan, beige
- Red: Crimson red to burgundy---I am loving it. I LOVE red
- Orange: Burnt Sienna, deep orange----My sisters of color, explore this palette. We look great in these.
- Blue: electric blue, mint blue, dark navy blue, teal blue
Accessories are seeming to be very feminine and big this season. Explore with your Accessories. Work a fashion and make it your own. Remember you don't want to look like the next person. Put your own spin on the trending fashions.
Prints/details are also on the come back; animal prints, ruffles, lace, plaid, brocade, ethnic patterns, floral, zippers, chain, studs, chunky statement necklaces, Art Deco style jewelry, drapes, striped leggings and tights, bold colored opaque tights, sequins, gray knits, ruchings. Blazers, cardigans, gloves, capes, and belted coats are some of the safe trend must haves. Cant forget the leggings. I am also looking into a military coat. I have always loved them and they are back in season. I also love the Faux fur stoles. They remind me of time that my grandmother and great-grandmother were getting all fancied up. LOVE it. I think I am leaning more towards the vintage looks this season. I love the 50's look. That is just gorgeous to me.
Boots Boots Boots...Huge. Whether they are knee high to booties. This trend can be pricey. Be selective and make sure that its something that will fade by the following season. Invest in something that will last longer than 3 to 4 months. Cant forget anything peep toe.
Get inspired by the 80's seem like it coming back with force. Now, please remember all fashion isnt for everyone. Consider your age, weight, and frame. Stick with signature pieces and add a few trendy ideas. No need to spend all your money on something that will not last past the season.
The feminine Jewelry/accessories
Have fun with the fashion. Remember you make the fashion. It doesn't make you.
I know the devil is going to test me but guess what Trouble dont last always.
My birthday is Wednesday. I am so thankful that I am approaching another birthday. Despite where I been, I am going forward with great thrive.
Friday, October 2, 2009
- Lie down and place your right arm behind your head. The exam is done while lying down, not standing up. This is because when lying down the breast tissue spreads evenly over the chest wall and is as thin as possible, making it much easier to feel all the breast tissue.
- Use the finger pads of the 3 middle fingers on your left hand to feel for lumps in the right breast. Use overlapping dime-sized circular motions of the finger pads to feel the breast tissue.
- Use 3 different levels of pressure to feel all the breast tissue. Light pressure is needed to feel the tissue closest to the skin; medium pressure to feel a little deeper; and firm pressure to feel the tissue closest to the chest and ribs. A firm ridge in the lower curve of each breast is normal. If you're not sure how hard to press, talk with your doctor or nurse. Use each pressure level to feel the breast tissue before moving on to the next spot.
- Move around the breast in an up and down pattern starting at an imaginary line drawn straight down your side from the underarm and moving across the breast to the middle of the chest bone (sternum or breastbone). Be sure to check the entire breast area going down until you feel only ribs and up to the neck or collar bone (clavicle).
- There is some evidence to suggest that the up-and-down pattern (sometimes called the vertical pattern) is the most effective pattern for covering the entire breast, without missing any breast tissue.
- Repeat the exam on your left breast, using the finger pads of the right hand.
- While standing in front of a mirror with your hands pressing firmly down on your hips, look at your breasts for any changes of size, shape, contour, or dimpling, or redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin. (The pressing down on the hips position contracts the chest wall muscles and enhances any breast changes.)
- Examine each underarm while sitting up or standing and with your arm only slightly raised so you can easily feel in this area. Raising your arm straight up tightens the tissue in this area and makes it harder to examine.
This will include my bathroom scrub down, mopping all rooms, washing my clothes, and porch maintenance.
Hope this helps you a little. I really have to maintain a schedule especially when my dh is away because he is a big helper when it comes to my chores. I can get overwhelmed and if that happens everybody stuff is outside in the trash. At that point I am no longer cleaning I am mad and throwing stuff out.
I have a month and 2 weeks to get my weight off. I am not giving up but a Sistah is getting a little aggravated. My boyfriend Billy Blanks Jr. got to be missing me jumping my big behind around that tv cussing him out for making me work so hard.
Dammit the beauties of being greedy!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
From the website... "There has been a long-standing myth that in order for something to be deemed high-quality, it has to come with a high price tag, so my goal was to create a truly affordable product line where a client can pay $4.00 for an eye shadow instead of laying out $12.00 for a jar that is essentially the same size."
If you happen to check her out. Let me know.
Example: I don't have (even when I was working full time) his or her bills. It's our bills. Looking at Happily ever after not being forever, they are our bills legally anyway. I didn't know it was so unheard of that a couple doest share checking accounts. See I am telling you I am of a dying breed. Paychecks go in the main account. Both paychecks go towards bills. We do have a lil spending money that is personal and not involved with the main money but if my husband needs more than his weekly spending money and we have the extra he knows he can have it and vice versa.
We do have 3 checking accounts but its just because he is gone a lot and its easier to just put money in an account and not have to go back and forth about what's spent for balancing our accounts purposes. Both names are still on the accounts.
I have been known to be naive on subjects but I couldn't believe wo/men going into marriage not thinking about for better or worse. Thinking about divorce before their marriage takes off. How can you give your marriage a chance if you are worrying about him/her doing you wrong. You speak negative in your life. Negative will come. What happened to marrying a wo/man that you trust, one that you don't have to sneak and put money away just in case s/he might leave you. Don't get me wrong everyone needs rainy day money but my money isn't for a quick escape. If God is willing I will be married to this man until its time to change each other diapers.
Could this be the reason that the divorce rate is so high? People are preparing for divorce before they even get married. People expecting for their spouse to hurt them before they get a change to prove that they are wonderful people. In reality, the person you love the most will let you down one or twice. Not because they want to but because they are human.
Is it crazy for me to be believe until death do us part? I don't have a perfect marriage. I have had issues before and there are some things that both of us need to continue to work with. Though we have to remember life is nothing but mini lessons. We learn something new everyday. That even goes for relationships. You just have to recognize the lessons.
Or is it that people are looking for a husband or wife? Why are you looking? There is a wo/man out there for you but you going on a bloodhound hunt for that person is leading to disaster. Think about it, you are in search for a perfect marriage not the perfect mate because your sole purpose is marriage. Just some thoughts...
Another one that really threw me though a loop. I was talking to someone and started talking about best friends. I said my very best friend that I can anything to, exclude the sugar coating, the most I can count on second to God is my husband. Chile, she looked at me like I was scary. I have best friends. I have some of the most valuable friends every. I love them to death but I truly married my best friend. We can laugh, play, be serious, be lovers, and still committed to each other. I think that you should marry someone that you can open up to. Some women say some things are just not for men to be included on because they dont know what its like to be a woman. No they don't but they know how to be a man. Sometimes a woman needs that male perspective even on girly situations. Shoot, sometimes their perspective is just a hoot. When looks fade, weight is gained, what do you have left??? I have a wonderful friend! A friend that I am not afraid to say "hey bay, I think we should try this way and see what will happen." Use your imagination!!!!
Just some thoughts....
LOL, any request???
As always much love