Friday, February 11, 2011

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

I just got home from working out and realized that I workout best when I'm solo. I do have a workout buddy but I just don't push myself as hard. Like today, I am drenched from sweat. I use to be disappointed when a workout buddy doesn't join me but now it doesn't even bother me. I am cool with it. I know that I can turn on my music, get in my zone and just go.

How did I get to this point? I realized that I can only lose this weight alone and I cant get comfortable with having people with me because they may flake out. If I want to do this I have to have the willpower to get up and get out on my own. Having company is a bonus but being able to get up and do it alone is rewarding.

Another thing that I have learned is to find a partner that is more motivated than you. Nawww, I ain't crazy but I realize that you will work harder when someone else is at a higher level than yourself. Especially someone who is not willing to slow down or lessen up because you are a beginning. They work hard and they make you work hard.

I actually believe that with friendships. There are people that may not agree with me but I think that you shouldn't be the smartest person in your circle. You don't work harder. But when you have people that are a little more motivated or drive just a little more than you, you will tend to work harder as well. Well at least that is how it works for me.

Ok, I need to get my stank butt in the shower.

1 comment:

anitdnahS said...

Great points Ms. Dana and I agree with you 100%. However, I find it a challenge to find friends who are smarter than me or is it I? LOL