One serving is 440 calories about a cup and 3/4 each
1. I don't care for instant rice so my first step is throwing my rice in the rice cooker before I start on everything else.
This is all you need to achieve this yummy and easy dish
- A pound of a lean cut of pork
- Tri-color cole slaw mix
- ground Ginger
- 20oz can of pineapple chunks
- Brown Sugar
- Corn Starch ( I thought I had some but I didn't so I subsituted with flour)
- Pepper flakes: optional
Please ignore the Worcestershire Sauce. For some reason it just wanted to be in the picture
In a small bowl mix
- 3tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- Optional but you can add 1/4 tsp of the pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 1/2 cornstarch. (Since I used flour I slowly mixed it into the liquid mixture to prevent lumps with a fork.)
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce. (I only had low sodium on hand and had to add just a little salt. So the regular soy sauce is best, no salt required)
- 2 tbsp of the pineapple liquid
Ensure that the mixture is well blended and set aside.
Now please ignore the counter. I LIVE in military housing. Things are always needing a fixing. LOL!!!
In my Wok, (If you don't have a Wok, don't fret use a skillet) I added a lil maybe a tsp of olive oil and heated my Wok. If you have a non-stick Skittet, you will not need the oil but look at the wok, dude. It has been used for YEARS and the non-stick is no longer sticking.
In the heated Wok or Skillet, add the drained pineapples and a tbsp of brown sugar. Let the pineapples cook for 5 minutes. Don't forget to turn occasionally.
Then remove the pineapple and set aside.
In the same Skillet or Wok, begin to cook your pork (about medium high heat) for about 2 minutes.
Then serve with rice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate at the bottom. Let me know if I should keep this up.
The pictures will get better and I will get better with the directions. I hope you enjoy!!!