Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7 beauty habits to break ASAP

picture via Fashion 65 Blog 

I was on Refinery and came across this article by Christene Barberich and Betsey McLain and thought that I should share.

Some of these habits I have issues with.

1. FLOSS
This is a habit that I picked up again a few years back. Just because you brush doesnt mean that you are getting everything. We should floss. I like the flossing swords.

2. Picking Your Zits

 I have a HUGE issue with this. When Aunt Flo comes to visit so do the zits and I cant help myself. Below is the solution they gave to this problem.
The Solution: Skin Care Expert and Celebrity Esthetician (and reformed picker), Renée Rouleau, says that even though you can’t always control breakouts, you can control what happens next. "A blemish usually lasts five to seven days," she says, "but the red or dark scar from picking at the blemish, can linger for weeks—or even months." Plus, as you pick and pop, bacteria on your face or fingers can inflame blemishes even more, making breakouts worse. "Your first step in your picking-recovery is to thoroughly understand these concepts. Think about if you want to have a spot that you have to cover up for only week or two—or a few months. Plus, a closed bump from a blemish is a lot easier to conceal (and less noticeable) with makeup than a red, oozy, scabbing wound. The choice is yours." And if you do pop, apply a spot drying treatment "to really get into the skin and heal up any remaining infection."
3. Why are you keeping that OLD makeup. Throw it out. Read the expiration dates.

4. Start drinking your water. I am so inconsistant with this. Sometimes I drink a lot and sometimes I dont drink enough.

5. Stop doing chemical treatments at home. They talk about dyes but I can say stop doing your home relaxers ,too. Yes, I know it can be expensive but if you are going once every few months you can put a little money aside to let the professional do these things. People dont realize this is one of the causes of hair loss...trying to do something that you dont know what you are really doing. I find that its even harder to find a stylist in my area to dye my natural hair. So I am trying to go with semi-permanant until I can find a salon.

6. Nail maintanence...This is something I ignore myself. Make sure your nails are manicured. You dont have to go get expensive work done. But just make sure they are clean and neat.

7. Over-processing your hair. You hair needs a break at times. All the heat and product build up can be damagning. Look for protective styling ideas once in a while.




 






No comments: