Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Tea Leave In and Avacado oil Review....ILOVEMYFRO.com

Shea Butter Whip


Back in April, I reviewed ILOVEMYFRO.COM's Shea butter whip. Even after taking a few months off from using it. I still say that I love that product. 





Months ago, I realized that Harmony is offering two more products, the black tea leave in and the avocado oil.

Shea Butter Whip
I decided to order to see how these products work on my hair. I had success with the Shea butter whip despite that aloe juice. I have a protein sensitivity so products with Aloe can irritate my scalp.

Travel/Sample Kit
When I visited the website, I realized that the tea leave-in had aloe so I was a bit hesitant to try but Harmony sells travel/sample sizes. Sizes that you can really try and determine if its for you. Nothing better than getting at least one or two uses out of a sample product. I was able to get a week of use out of the black tea leave in and I still have a lot of oil left.


$12 Travel size included
1 2oz Shea Butter Whip (Choose a scent)
1 20z Black Tea Leavin
1 2oz Avocado Oil


After a week of usage, I decided to order two more bottles of the tea leave-in and another bottle of avocado oil.

Below are pictures of my twist out using the shea butter whip, black tea leave-in and avocado oil.2011-11-17_16-06-43_279.jpg2011-11-17_11-45-40_217.jpg2011-11-17_11-45-01_783.jpg
A lot of shrinkage but the definition is beautiful.

First lets talk ingredients and benefits.



Black Tea Leave InThe Black Tea Leave-In is  $12 for 8 oz
Ingredients and details:

Black tea contains caffeine that has many benefits for hair.

It has been proven to thicken the hair, slow or stop shedding and stimulate growth.
 The main benefit of caffeine is that it blocks the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) from  causing hair to shed.
 Ingredients: Distilled Water, Black Tea, Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Essential Oils, Citric Acid and Fragrance.
 How to Use: Apply to freshly shampooed, conditioned and detangled  hair before applying a moisturizer or styling product. Can also be used daily to refresh your  style


Can also be used as a detangler!
Caution: Will slightly darken hair.



My take on the product...


I dont know if I will call this product a leave-in as a traditional conditioner type product since when I think of a leave-in, I think of a conditioner/moisturizer type product. I think I use it more for a revitalizer.


This product acts as a great refresher and moisturizer base when performing a twist out. I use it to moisturize my hair at night before bed and I use it before the Shea butter whip for a twist out. I believe that 3 and 4 hair types will not be able to detangle with this product used alone. It is a thin product that doesnt offer much slip. 


I personally believe that shedding is a great thing. Though, I also believe that your hair can have excessive shredding when its dry. This is why I consider this product a refresher or revitalizer. I dont  use this product to reduce shedding because I want shredding. No breakage but shredding is good. 


With all that said I love this product for my usage. I couldnt tell you about the reduction of shredding because I dont use it for that but I can tell you that it is very moisturizing. 


The fragrance is simply black tea with lemon...to me.




Avocado OilFor 4oz the price is $6. The Avocado oil is great, also. It is a thick oil with a lot of benefits. There are claims that it reduces the risk of cancer, reduces bad cholesterol, and is an excellent sealant for the hair.

I believe that it is about the same thickness of extra virgin olive oil with more of a  green color.


Avocado oil has a number of benefits and uses and its use in hair care is one of its most important benefits.

It is an edible oil that is extracted from the avocado fruit pulp and has a sweet and nutty aroma. 

It has a light texture that makes it easy to soak into the scalp and skin. 

Use of avocado oil for hair can help deal with a number of hair related problems like hair fall, thinning hair and dandruff.

     

My take on the product...


I like this product so far. I have only used it for a week so I can tell you the long term benefits but so far so good. I use this product to seal my ends and a little more my scalp after being moisturized. I would use this product again. I believe that because of the great benefits and the price, which is great comparing what I have seen at my natural food stores, I will definitely use it again. 

No comments: