Friday, January 27, 2012

Southwestern Stuffed Wonton Recipe

I bet you think that I forgot about my recipes...NOPE.


I didnt but I did forget to get great pictures with my camera so I was using my cellphone. Please forgive me. This quick and easy recipe can be served as a main dish or appetizer.


So here is what you need.

1/2 cup diced onion

1/2 cup diced red bell pepper

2 clove garlic, minced

1/2 cup frozen corn kernals

1/2 cup canned southwestern seasoned black beans, drained

2 cups of chicken, shredded-I used southwestern seasoned chicken 


salt and pepper, to taste

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

48 wonton wrappers

 vegetable oil for frying
---------------------------------
First, Heat skillet with oil to saute the veggies. You can use a little water (fat-free option since we are frying the wonton), EVOO, or a little butter. I used EVOO.

Add your onions first. Saute until they are translucent but still has a firmness. 




Add red bell peppers.


Saute the onions and peppers until the peppers have soften but yet still a little firm. 


Add your garlic and salt, to taste


Once you have lightly sauteed your garlic, add your corn (My corn was cooked prior to starting, I was just heating it up with the mixture), beans, and chicken. 


Remove mixture from heat and mix in your cheese. I used Mexican four cheese blend by Kraft.  Set aside.


Clean and dry your pan. Fill the pan with about a half of inch to an inch of oil and heat the oil.


While the oil is heating, assemble your wonton. 


Fill each wonton with a teaspoon of your meat mixture on one side of the square. Then wet the edge of the wonton with water then fold  the wonton in a triangular shape and seal.


Fry the wonton on each side for about a minute. Will not take long to cook so please pay close attention. 
IMAG0059.jpg

Allow the wonton to drain oil on paper towel, make your favorite dipping sauce (I had a pineapple salsa) and serve warm. 


Hope you enjoy!!!






Here are some grocery coupons so you can make won ton's tonight!


No comments: