Thursday, April 5, 2012

Do you need to CLEP


Graduating with a Bachelors in Business and wanting to go to grad school in counseling, has been a bit of a pain. Especially since I started off as a psychology major. I think I majored in business because that is where my resume is the strongest. 


Well anyway...In order for me to go to a few schools that I am looking at, I needed  3 more psychology credits. I decided that I would CLEP the class that I need for psychology (Human Growth and development) since it was very similar to my life span and development class I have already taken. I thought that since I already know most of the concepts and theories that this was going to be a breeze.   At first, I just went to B&N and got a CLEP book I needed for a quick review. Then I realized that I didn't remember as much as I thought I did. Then I started to push off this test. Finally, I decided that I needed to Google some tips on how to ace my CLEP. I found a few and I wanted to share them with you.

First, Go buy the REA CLEP book on the subject needed and then go the instantcert.com. You will spend a little money but it really helped. The book helped with information recall. It also gives test taking tips and 3 practice test that are formatted similar to the actual test. The Instant Cert website assist with the concepts learned by offering flashcards and forums. Based on what I needed and what I knew, it took me 2 weeks to have all the information needed to take the test....after months of procrastination.

I am still procrastinating to take the GRE but I will share any tips that I may have when that time comes. If you have any tips, please please share. I have to take it before the end of summer. So I better get to work, huh?

Picture used from UniversityTimes.com

No comments: