Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm feeling a bit political....Might take offense!!!!! So dont read if you sensitive!!!!

"I'm 31, and I have never voted. I have no desire to vote. I wont be voting in November neither"

Since this is "MY" blog, I am going to address this nonsense and a few other issues. Usually when I hear that statement I try to get the person to explain to me why in the world something that important they are not taking part of. Though everytime I hear it I cant get an logical answer.

Since this person is a friend, I am going to address"her" and her dumb ass reasoning. (You know I love you girl but a friend has to help you out when we feel that you are headed with your head up your behind.)

First, You are military. I don't care what people say or think. MILITARY FAMILIES NEEDS TO KNOW POLITICS. We don't have to have the tv on CNN all day. Nor should we have to be consumed by it. Just a thought, what Congress and the President does WILL affect our lifelihood. If you're not going to vote please dont start a conversation with me about how many times your husband have been deployment and you are pissed about it. I dont want to hear about how the military is underpaid and underappreciated.
Dont get me wrong. I dont know all there is to know about politics(If someone wants to make sense of this electorial college, I am more than willing to discuss). One thing I will know is what these candidates are saying about our military situation and their plans of action. I want to know about global warming. I am very interested in our energy situation. With that said whether a candidate is man or woman, they cant please everyone nor can they fulfill all they speak of. Its not realistic. 4 years is not enough time.


But back on topic...

People state that this election isnt about black and white. WHATEVER!! Lets be realistic. We still have a LONG way to go before people take color out of politics. Shoot, we cant even concieve a woman in the White House.

Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Indians...etc etc (long list) Why are you watching black and whites make it about them. You are here and not going anywhere. You have a stake in these elections as well so what sense does it make for you not to fight. There are more in this country than black and white people. Mind you I am not stating this about EVERYONE. Just the people who fit in this category.

With that said...

There is a black man running for president. HISTORY HISTORY HISTORY. Black people, why are some of you still not aware what's the man name? Unconcievable!!!

BARACK OBAMA! better yet the other dude is JOHN MCCAIN!!

Since I am not making this a black or white issue more like a why not vote issue(sadness of not voting), I am going to have to address my white brothers and sisters too. If you dont want to vote, please come up with a better reason for not voting. I am tired of hearing that you cant vote for B.O.because he might get killed. Really, Do you not think that he hasnt thought about all of this? I honestly thought I was going to hear more black people use that excuse. That was shocking.

Wait a minute Republicans! We are going to address some nonsense of you as well. If you are not going to vote, get off the man age." He's too old. He might die!"

Newsbreak....EVERYONE DIES! Someone young in the office have a chance of dying. Its part of life not politics.

Since I am Black American woman, I can really only address what I know. I know that its sad that we are facing some horrible times. Why cant we cant sit down for a minute and go register and vote. We have ancestors that fought and died for us the right to vote, It really dishearten me that you dont take advantage. If you think the "white man" is holding you down. One thing the white CANT do is take away your rights to stand for something. YOUR rights! YOUR vote!

The excuse of my vote isnt going to count anyway...That burns me up!! Hell, go vote. You can get a few hours off work and maybe get a cookie (some sites gives cookies). When something goes down at least you can say"well I voted...mmm you should have too." There is be other names on the ticket. YOU DONT HAVE TO VOTE FOR OBAMA OR MCCAIN. But your vote will count because that 1%-15% of citizensvoting in the other parties means that they you were not going to sell your vote to the highest bidder per say. Does that make sense to you? Email me, I will explain.

Besides the war, we have other issues that we should be concerned about.
  • NON-RENEWABLE energy. Non-renewable means once its gone its gone. Look it up! We should be looking into renewable alternatives. Again, email you want to talk more about it.
  • Health Care- Why are there so many people out there without insurance (I dont agree with universal insurance but another day another topic).
  • Welfare and unemployment
I could go on and on but dang this thing is long enough.

All I am saying (with grammatical errors and all), Please go and vote. If you need help with understanding issues, please just ask someone. If I dont know I will look it up and we will learn together.

http://www.rockthevote.org/

No comments: