Friday, September 5, 2008

Iraq.....kids, husband, and me

So its official. My husband is headed to overseas. I thought that I was going to be scared to death or even better yet resentful. I am actually doing better than I thought. I do fear the reactions of my children. I really want this to be a smooth as possible transition for them.

One reason I decided to move on base is for the kids to have children that had or have to cope with some of the same things; such as deployment. Though I am not that fond of the housing, I will deal so that my children can have what they need. I started explaining to my oldest what is going to happen. He is kinda blowing it off right now but I think that some it will soon set in. He is a pretty strong kid. I know just like mommy, do not let his time be idle. So I will be looking into that soon. Also, for the twins, I am going to register them for preschool. A few days a week for them to be around other kids will be good for everyone. I just hope that that transition will be a smooth one. Being Mama's girls, I hope that being separated from Mommy is stress free.

Keeping everyone busy will ease my husband heart and I want him to be as stress free as possible. I think the poor man is killing himself inside. He is so worried about me. He doesn't want my shyness to be a crutch when he is gone. I will try to work on that as much as I can. I think we will be fine. Prayer is what is going to get me through.

OK as for me, Hmmmm lets see. I think I am going to be OK. My nerves will be tested but I will be OK. I just have to break out of my shell, get out and try this social butterfly thing. I am thinking about new hobbys. I did buy a new sewing machine. I read a lot so my Kimani Romance books will help. Thats right I LOVE romance novels. Not to mention, I am going on a serious weight loss life style change. Thats not much but its better than nothing. I have a plan. I just have to follow through. Oh how could I forget, I have college. I am looking for a new church. My faith is something that is dear to me and I know will help me get through this. With a new blog, I think that I have a place to place my feelings. With all that on my plate, sitting and moping shouldnt even have a place on my calendar.

3 comments:

Marri said...

Good for you. Feel free to stop by my blog anytime. Its full of things to laugh at and think about. You will find blogging is a really great hobby. You get to let alot of the inside feelings out. Be strong, but most of all Be Blessed.

~Rain said...

Sounds like you are on a good path for you and your kids to make the deployment transition a little bit easier!

I wish I was closer, I'd hang out with ya!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!!