Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The questions children ask....TMI

Ok, I got a good one for you. My wonderful and inquisitive son came and asked me the other day "Mommy, why does ladies where band aids in their panties". At first, I was dumbfounded because I didnt know what the heck the child was talking about. So I just blew it off and said I dont know. Whiling finishing making breakfast, (grits, eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls...for those who need details.) it hit me what he was talking about. I sat there for a minute trying to figure out how I was going to explain to a 5 year old boy why some ladies wore band aids in their panties.

After Pondering this for a while, I thought I had three options. I could lie, have the birds and bees talk, or give him the condensed version.

So, I asked him if he remembered that ladies can have babies in their bellies. He said. "Yep, you had me and my sisters in your belly." I proceeded to tell him that God let mommies know when they have a baby in their bellies by mommy having to wear or not to wear a bandaid.

Either the explanation worked or I lost the poor child and he didnt want to know anymore. He just said ok and walked away.

Now, I just need to get some new locks on these bathroom doors!!!!

4 comments:

~Rain said...

Oh man, i know that wasnt a fun conversation.

I love bandaids in their panties tho. That gave me a great laugh

Unknown said...

HA HA, My mom got a good laugh at the one too!

Unknown said...

Ha ha. That's too cute!

EmberRose said...

O....M.......G

that's so so so cute.