Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Need more protein: New challenge

After analyzing my diet, I realize that I am not getting enough protein. I am not a fan of Milk products. I LOVE cheese, yogurt,and fish. I will be trying to incorporating that in my diet. So now I am off to hunt for some good protein rich foods. I have a child that is allergy to nuts so its a no no for my house.


Common protein rich foods can include:

* Milk
* Soy Milk
* Eggs
* Cheese
* Yogurt
* Peanut Butter: I have a daughter who is allergy so I try not to bring nut products in the house
* Lean Meats, Fish, and Poultry
* Beans, Tofu, Lentils, and other Legumes
* Grains, including bread and pasta

Protein Fortified Foods:
Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials, Chocolate, No Sugar Added. Though after reading the label, Its not enough protein for me to substitute for a meal.

No comments: