Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm married to a soldier and the army is his mistress....

And that heffa sometimes get all the attention.

How do I handle being in a relationship with a man that is gone for long periods of time?



Chile, it's hard. Most people that are married or dating someone in the military will tell you that being in love with someone that has to put there job first is a difficult task. Also being a their spouse isnt for the weak. You have to know how to handle being alone for long periods of time.

How do I cope?

I have to take it one day at a time. I find technology and the post office to be my best friend. Cell phones, web cams, letters and boxes. These are some of my options of communication and it is very valuable time for me. I try to keep busy. Sitting around thinking about him not being here isn't going to make the time go by faster. So no "Whoa is me" syndrome. I have 3 children to also keep me busy. With their schooling, my schooling, ballet, gymnastics, tai kwon do, and everything else, I really don't have to time to sit and be depressed.

Intimacy, you ask?

You will create different ways to be intimate with each other; phone sex, cyber sex, and sexting. You get my drift right. Though intimacy isn't only sex. Its the need of being close. Sometimes, I turn my laptop on and let my husband just watch me sleep or go about my day. He said that he likes that. He can be studying (in school for his masters) and every once in a while look up to see me doing my essential stuff and he gets to be apart, so to speak.

This the short version of dealing with a long distance relationship with a soldier. I do have to say that you have to be in love and committed to each other to really be able to deal. Reunions are always the sweetest. I support my husband and I support his decision of being an Army officer. I am very proud of him. He is truly my hero. It's hard not having him around for all of us. Some days are better or worse than others. I love this man and separation is only situational. It does NOT define my relationship.

1 comment:

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

Lol, @ "that heffa is his mistress" part. You are a very strong woman to be able to handle when your husband is away. I bet it is a challanged, but you have made it work.