Thursday, May 6, 2010

How deep is your life.

How deep is your love, how deep is your love
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

Yep I went and quoted the Bee Gee's. But really how deep is your love for yourself . Recently I was talking to someone about their relationship. I'm not really close to her but we do talk on occasion. Well she told me that her husband was cheating on her again with two women at a time -THIS TIME. She said she's not leaving him. She is going to settle for being married-just no sex and no respect towards him.

All I can think of is how much do you really love you.. She started going to the gym and trying to improve herself for him. People ask me all the time am I losing weight for my husband's return. I respond with the quickness " I want to lose weight for ME. He will benefit from it but this is a personal mission".

Now the first thing I thought was "You can't make anyone love you if they cant fall in love with themselves". Damn good quote isnt it. I know. When I got it, I got it. All I see was an unhealthy situation for the both of them. Since when is cheating accepted. We are not talking about an open-relationship. That is another blog topic. She told me that she will get a new car out of the deal. Really you are now the same worth of a car...

Ok, Ok, I am judging....

I guess the point of this entry is to think about YOUR worth. You have to love yourself more than anything else. If you don't love yourself first, how can you love someone else the way they should be loved.

No comments: