Friday, May 14, 2010

I know I know I suck--Relationship days

This single parent thing is HARD. I am busy not to mention school is kicking my butt. I'm sorry....


What makes a perfect marriage?



This is an actually an easy question. If you can find a PERFECT marriage, call me. Everything takes work. Like growing a garden, You plant the foundation, you water and nourish it, and then you appreciate the hard work by seeing the growth. Nothing is perfect. Everything takes work. You will not find PERFECTION. In a marriage, there will be things that you don't like but being able to compromise will take you a long way. Sometimes acceptance is the key. Dont aim to change someone. It may change them but the change may not be what you are looking for. This is why a courting period is so important to me. Dating is like shoe shopping. You walk into DSW looking for a gold shoe. You are in heaven. You see lots of shoes that you adore. Some you think that you will love but once you try them on you can see the corns just forming. Others may not be your size. Some may just be UGLY on your feet. Then there is THAT shoe. It's beautiful. You love that shoe but the only color available is red, black, and blue. They make not have that Gold you THOUGHT you wanted but you realize that Red is just as DIVA as the Gold. No, you are not settling for a new shoe but you see that you can have the same greatness in that RED shoe.  You take that shoe home and it is so comfortable that you dub that your all time favorite...Yeah, a mate isn't a shoe but didn't I say I was a self-proclaimed diva. The analogies even has to be in a great shoe spirit. But anyway I think you get the point. See ya lata!!!

P.S. Practice in your mirror the term "Yes Hunny!" It will save you a lot of heart attack later.

No comments: