Friday, February 25, 2011

Creating habits...

I think I blogged about this before. Or did I talk about it on facebook? Shoot, I cant remember. But anyway, I read that it takes 23 days to create or modify a habit before it comes second nature. I stated that I was going to work out every morning to create a habit as a new years resolution. Well, everyday I get up, throw on my workout clothes and get it in. Its second nature now.

Now, I challenge myself to cook more. I love to cook but I also LOVE to eat out. So now I am going to challenge myself in the kitchen. More creativity. More fun. No more excuses about not having time to cook. So starting today, I am going to cut eating out out for the next 23 days. I will only go out to eat once a week and then it has to be something more on the healthy side.

How does that sound? This is one of the reasons that I dont have my recipes together to share with you. My new excuse is that I dont have time anymore to cook. Well, we are SOOO over that excuse. Right?? Right!

What is one of your bad habits you would like to break?? I'm telling you, try to stop for at least 23 days and on the 24 day that bad habit may be forgotten. Try it. What do you have to lose but one bad habit?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mother-in-law told me about the 23 day rule not too long ago. I haven't tried it out yet, but sure there is a lot I want to change...thinking of what habit I need to change...okay, I bite on the side of my mouth ALL the time - it's a terrible habit and not to mention it's unsightly. My husband is constantly telling me "Olivia, your biting". SO, you've got me motivated ~ I'll start my 23 days today! I'll keep you posted. Also, good for you on the exercise and eating habits!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! You can do it. At first it may be hard but as time passes you wont even realize that you aren't doing it anymore.