Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One question I get asked ALL the time.

What do you eat to lose all that weight? I still have a lot more weight to lose. I still eat some times that I am not supposed to especially during that time of the month! But for the most part here is what I eat...


I eat about 2043 calories per day. This was determined by a resting metabolic test and my daily exercise plan.  I also exercise 5 days per week. I walk 4 miles per day and on Thursday I add Salsa lessons to my workout plan. 


Remember what I eat may not be what you can it. You have to base your plan on your lifestyle.  I know some that have GAINED eating what I eat because all bodies are different. You have to eat based on your exercise routine, as well. You body needs that fuel if you are exercising a lot. I make a point to drink at least 64 ozs of water per day. I also drink a cup of green tea before bed. 




Breakfast: Around 600 calories



  • FiberOne Cereal with Almonds or nut clusters Or a cereal with high fiber and low sugar and nuts. I eat with Almond milk. It's less calories than skim milk and taste better...me too!
  • I LOVE oatmeal. My favorite flavors is Rice and spice and Hazelnut Latte. I usually go with the Quaker brand that is geared to the adults because of the low sugar and high fiber (you see where I am getting at...LOTS of fiber).
  • I also eat egg beaters. I usually scramble with "Fresh" veggies or a veggie omelet.
  • I do eat pancakes but I use whole wheat, sweet potatoes, or something on those lines.
That is my usual breakfast. Once in a while, will eat some other things but this is what I eat basically. 

Snack: 100-300 calories x's 2. I eat a snack before lunch and before dinner. 
 
  • Fruit "fresh"
  • Snap peas
  • Tall (12oz) Caramel Machiatto Skinny ...Remember that you should limit your caffeine beverages to 16 oz per day. 105 calories
  • Biscottis- 150 calories
  • Petite Vanilla Bean Scone 140 calories
  • Sometimes those breakfast bars. 
  • Tuna salad with  6 oz of tuna, A teaspoon of lite Miracle whip, relish and 6 fat-free crackers (usually made for a before dinner snack but will eat any of the above as a before dinner snack)
See What I eat is pretty normal every day stuff. Also if you cant tell, I am a Starbuck's addict. 


Dinner: 400 to 600 calories x's 2 to include lunch. 

Also, my lunch is usually the same as dinner but on a smaller scale per say. 
  • I LOVE seafood. I would eat it all day everyday if it wasnt so expensive. I eat pork, chicken, and turkey. I no longer get beef. 
  • I eat a meat, veggie, and a starch for dinner. 
  • I also eat salads. I make sure that I put lots of veggies on it with chicken or some sort of seafood.
  • I also LOVE soups. 
  • I eat a lot of veggies
  • I stick with brown rice
I eat anything I want. I just make sure that my meat is about the size of my palm. No frying. I even have a brand of oven fried that is DELICIOUS!!! The brand is Kentucky something and its not like typical oven fry. It is actually REALLY yummy!! 

I also eat fast food BUT I am wise about what I eat. I also go to restaurants to eat. My key is to go lean. Most fast food joints offer fries alternatives; apples, apple sauce, side salad. I also began to keep a bottle of water with me at all time since most places only offer diet soda as a sugar free drink. Though, I HEART Chick Fil A diet lemonade. 

I do not drink sugar beverages, well 90 % of my drinks are sugar-free. My wine isnt sugar-free but I only drink that once in a blue moon. 

Late Snack (dessert): 100-200 calories

  • Yoplait fat-free yogurt (usually is my dessert)
  • Once in a while I will eat the skinny cow brands (usually for my dessert)
  • Also SmartOnes Desserts, rarely


1 comment:

Tasha said...

cool thanks for the meal options sounds good but 2000+ calories, geez that's alot and i know i should work out 5/wk. but i don't so maybe if i start working out more, then 2000 would seem realistic to me!