I eat about 2043 calories per day. This was determined by a resting metabolic test and my daily exercise plan. I also exercise 5 days per week. I walk 4 miles per day and on Thursday I add Salsa lessons to my workout plan.
Remember what I eat may not be what you can it. You have to base your plan on your lifestyle. I know some that have GAINED eating what I eat because all bodies are different. You have to eat based on your exercise routine, as well. You body needs that fuel if you are exercising a lot. I make a point to drink at least 64 ozs of water per day. I also drink a cup of green tea before bed.
Breakfast: Around 600 calories
- FiberOne Cereal with Almonds or nut clusters Or a cereal with high fiber and low sugar and nuts. I eat with Almond milk. It's less calories than skim milk and taste better...me too!
- I LOVE oatmeal. My favorite flavors is Rice and spice and Hazelnut Latte. I usually go with the Quaker brand that is geared to the adults because of the low sugar and high fiber (you see where I am getting at...LOTS of fiber).
- I also eat egg beaters. I usually scramble with "Fresh" veggies or a veggie omelet.
- I do eat pancakes but I use whole wheat, sweet potatoes, or something on those lines.
That is my usual breakfast. Once in a while, will eat some other things but this is what I eat basically.
Snack: 100-300 calories x's 2. I eat a snack before lunch and before dinner.
- Fruit "fresh"
- Snap peas
- Tall (12oz) Caramel Machiatto Skinny ...Remember that you should limit your caffeine beverages to 16 oz per day. 105 calories
- Biscottis- 150 calories
- Petite Vanilla Bean Scone 140 calories
- Sometimes those breakfast bars.
- Tuna salad with 6 oz of tuna, A teaspoon of lite Miracle whip, relish and 6 fat-free crackers (usually made for a before dinner snack but will eat any of the above as a before dinner snack)
See What I eat is pretty normal every day stuff. Also if you cant tell, I am a Starbuck's addict.
Dinner: 400 to 600 calories x's 2 to include lunch.
Also, my lunch is usually the same as dinner but on a smaller scale per say.
- I LOVE seafood. I would eat it all day everyday if it wasnt so expensive. I eat pork, chicken, and turkey. I no longer get beef.
- I eat a meat, veggie, and a starch for dinner.
- I also eat salads. I make sure that I put lots of veggies on it with chicken or some sort of seafood.
- I also LOVE soups.
- I eat a lot of veggies
- I stick with brown rice
I eat anything I want. I just make sure that my meat is about the size of my palm. No frying. I even have a brand of oven fried that is DELICIOUS!!! The brand is Kentucky something and its not like typical oven fry. It is actually REALLY yummy!!
I also eat fast food BUT I am wise about what I eat. I also go to restaurants to eat. My key is to go lean. Most fast food joints offer fries alternatives; apples, apple sauce, side salad. I also began to keep a bottle of water with me at all time since most places only offer diet soda as a sugar free drink. Though, I HEART Chick Fil A diet lemonade.
I do not drink sugar beverages, well 90 % of my drinks are sugar-free. My wine isnt sugar-free but I only drink that once in a blue moon.
Late Snack (dessert): 100-200 calories
- Yoplait fat-free yogurt (usually is my dessert)
- Once in a while I will eat the skinny cow brands (usually for my dessert)
- Also SmartOnes Desserts, rarely