Monday, November 14, 2011

A Cake Box Remix

I had a get together Saturday for a the Pacquiao and Marques fight. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Marques lost. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Pacquiao but I wanted the underdog to take it.

But anyyyyyway! This is about cake. I dont have picture today because my greedy family torn into that cake like ravishing beast.

I don't have a recipe per say because I never follow a recipe accordingly but if you are interested in a quick crowd pleaser, try this. I will not do you wrong. The recipe that I found was intended for chocolate and cherries but I was in the mood for strawberry. Try any mix that you fancy! I am sure it will be a winner!!!

Grab a box of this Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Premium Cake Mix - Strawberry - 3 Boxes (18.25 oz ea)and a can of .
You can make your own of both but we are taking about creating a fast cake for a crowd.

 You will also need 3 large eggs. I beat them before I added it to the box mix. I also used a hand mixer for this Then combined the box mix and the lightly beaten eggs. You can also add a little Almond extract, if you like but not necessary. It may be a little sticky but add a little water not a lot just a tablespoon or so, as needed. Then once the mix and eggs are will blended FOLD in the strawberries. Do not over mix. You can place in any kind of baking dish you want (like I said easy peasy)and put it in your preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.

My key to moist cakes and cupcakes is to purchase a oven thermometer to ensure that the oven is actually reading correctly.

Also do not open your oven until about 25 minutes into baking to check for readiness.

This is a easy treat that you can put together in a hurry. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: