Monday, November 14, 2011

Grease and water twist outs...forgot about something




I just realized that I cant start my protective styling challenge until December because I was already challenging myself well documenting  if my hair enjoys my grease and water twist outs.

I wore it in a donut bun last week realizing that I was supposed to be documenting my grease and water results...Doing too much. LOL!!! So I am back at my twist outs. Co-washing tonight...

So far so good. The only thing that I did realize is that I prefer my hair twisted with grease when its clean and wet. They are neater, less greasy feeling and no build up. Other than that, I still say that my twist outs with grease are amazing. 

I do use a leave-in under my grease for twisting... I have been dipping and dabbing with those also. 

I also ordered Ilovemyfro black tea moisturizer and avocado oil this weekend. When it arrives I will have a give a product preview and review after a week of use. 

Here's some info from the website. 



Black Tea Leave In



                                                                                                   Black tea contains caffeine that has many benefits for hair. It has been proven to thicken the hair, slow or stop shedding and stimulate growth.
The main benefit of caffeine is that it blocks the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) from causing hair to shed.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Black Tea, Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Essential Oils, Citric Acid and Fragrance.

How to Use: Apply to freshly shampooed, conditioned and detangled  hair before applying a moisturizer or styling product. Can also be used daily to refresh your  style.
Can also be used as a detangler!

Caution: Will slightly darken hair.









Avocado oil has a number of benefits and uses and its use in hair care is one of its most important benefits.
It is an edible oil that is extracted from the avocado fruit pulp and has a sweet and nutty aroma. 
Avocado Oil
It has a light texture that makes it easy to soak into the scalp and skin. 

Use of avocado oil for hair can help deal with a number of hair related problems like hair fall, thinning hair and dandruff.

No comments: