Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Product Review: Shea Moistures Deep Moisture Masque



9.99 for 12 oz


As I stated in my previous post about moisture, When I washed my hair this week I did a deep condition with the Deep Treatment Masque for the first time. Again, I purchased it at Walgreens. I seem to always find all my Shea Moisture products in Walgreens when I have issues finding it other places.


I washed and then applied the Masque to my hair section by section with the total of 4 sections. I did this because I realized that this thick product wasnt going to last me long because I am heavy handed on the hair products. So sectioning my hair and applying it by sections helps.


The product slip was excellent. It made detangling very easy and I think it only took me a few minutes. I put on my plastic cap and sat for an hour. After I rinsed the product out, my hair was very soft and felt very moisturized.I also used very little as a moisturizer with my grease twist-out. My hair is still in twists (protective style) with lots of shine. LOVING it!! I will take pictures when I take the twist out.

I am loving these soft twist out with definition...LOVING I say.


Back to the product thickness, it is very thick. I loved that! The smell, I love it. So does my husband. He keeps smelling my hair. It reminds me of any body salt that has sea kelp in it. If you don't like perfume-y smells this may not be for you because it has a strong smell but yet I find it very pleasant.

Below you will find the company's description and ingredients.

One ingredient that you name not be familiar with is the Emulsifying Wax. Basically, the emulsifying wax is a bonding agent. It binds all the oils and water so it will remain blended. It is used a lot in moisturizers.

My final thoughts....I like it. I only used this product once so I would have to continue use to really see if my hair loves it.

Description

    Our all-natural intense treatment masque deeply penetrates to moisturize and repair over-processed, dry, brittle or damaged hair. Sea kelp trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan oil restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea butter deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp.
    • Heal, grow & strengthen
    • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates
    • Cruelty free, no animal testing
    • Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced
    • Color-safe
    Made in USA

    Leave on hair for 5-30 minutes, then thoroughly rinse, or leave in hair and use as a frizz-free moisturizing styling cream..



Ingredients 

Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Argan Oil , Vegetable Glycerin , Emulsifying Wax , Sea Kelp Extract , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Essential Oil Blend , Avocado Oil , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Hyssopus Officinalis Extract , Salvia Officinalis Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Sage) , Soybean Oil , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot)

No comments: