Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shea Moisture Black Bar Soap Review


Organic African Black Soap Bar I mentioned a while ago that I love black soap. I recently switched brands from Black and White to Shea Moisture's black soap. 


African black soap, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel has been used in Africa for centuries to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. Combined with the healing and hydrating properties of shea butter, this healing soap should be used daily to balance and resolve problem skin. Tested on our family for four generations. Never tested on animals. Certified organic ingredients.
                 Source: Shea Moisture


Ingredients: African Black Soap Base, African Shea Butter, Oats, Aloe, Plantain Extract, Vitamin E, Essential Oil Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Palm Ash, Rosemary Extract, Iron Oxides.


This soap is supposed to be a natural acne reducer. Which it is true in my case. Though it could be drying, a good moisturizer is vital. I have combination skin and I am proned to acne (not severe), I have not had an issue with this soap but I know that some with dry skin tend to tell me that black soap can be drying.  Shea Moisture pairs this soap with a moisturizer but I have yet to try it. I am not too sure if I will try the moisturizer since I have a moisturizer that I am quite fond of. Finding a good moisturizer to moisture and not break me out is hard. 


The smell is wonderful. Its a combination of fruits and floral scents. 


I absolutely love it.  It comes in a thick 8 oz size and I cut my soap in half because of its thickness. So, I get two bars out of one. 


I would recommend this soap to anyone. I love it that much. You can find the product in Walgreens, Target and some Walmarts. Each bar is priced at 4.99. 


If you have tried it, tell me what you think. 


Talk to you soon.










No comments: