Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finished school, now what??


Well not quite. I have four more weeks and then I will be complete.


 I know that I want to go back to school but I have to decide what school. I have to narrow my choice of study. It will most def be psychology but I am not sure if I want general clinical or do I want to do a specialize track like family or marriage. I dont know.

Wow, it felt like that I would never get to this point. I went to college right out of high school but decided that I wanted to work more than going to school. I always said that I would go back and I did go back a few times but it seemed that my life was too hectic for school.

 Then I dont know what did it to make me want to finally just go back. ...yes I do. Watching my husband finishing his bachelors and starting his masters, made me realize that I was just making excuses. I finally called the college, I really didnt take it too serious but I have to say that I had an excellent counselor that was very encouraging. He didnt allow me to say that I will do it later. He kept reminding me that if I kept that attitude, later will never come. Next thing I know, I was finishing up my first few classes at this school. 3 years later, I am sitting here reflecting on my journey.

I have an habit to start many projects but never finishing. This is one thing that I finished. I cant tell you how excited I am. If you are anything like me and have a lot of incomplete projects, write those projects down. Then prioritize, pick one, and finish it. You will be amazed on how good you feel.

But anyway, what are my plans next? I will talk a few months off and get some things around the house complete that I wanted to start. I am also starting my training soon so that I can work part-time in the hospital. EXCITING.

As for school...

Well I have three schools in mind. University of Texas, Texas A&M, and University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
Right now I am leaning toward Mary Hardin-Baylor since I dont have to take the GRE. I suck at test like that. I will be sending my applications in next month and I will keep you posted.






No comments: