Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 4 in the 52 week financial challenge and Tip


Put your 4 dollars away. So far you should have at minimum of $10. Now remember if you have extra to put away, please do so. Savings create wealth. 


Next week (week 5), ask for a receipt for EVERYTHING that you purchase. Dont stop your routine. Just save all receipts. Week 6, review what you are spending. See if you can eliminate something that you really dont need. One of the biggest things that I cut out 2 years ago was my Starbucks habit. I set aside the money that I was spending for coffee for a month and was able to purchase a nice coffee maker. I still went to Starbucks because I LOVED the froth. Well this year, I got a frother. So I eliminated my froth need from Starbucks. Every blue moon, I have a starbucks coffee but its been very rare. See if there is something you can eliminate. Maybe only buy shoes one a month. I dont know...that helped me also. LOL!!! Personally, This year I am working on eliminating how much I go out to eat.  Talk to  you soon. 





In 52 weeks you can save $1378 by saving money each week. All you need to do is save the same amount as the week you are on.


Week 1= $1
Week 2=$2 
So on and so forth. 


Feel free to add more to your savings but please addthe minimum. At the end of this challenge do what you like with the money; vacation, IRA, Saving, down payment of a car or home project. 


I will come on EVERY week to remind you to save. If you want to participate with me. 

No comments: