Wednesday, May 23, 2012

U R Curly Gel Review, Loose and Tight curl formulas



IMAG0427.jpg
Day 2 hair with moisturizer showing
As you may already know, I have tighty curled kinky hair. But I was able to try both products with great results. I have to say that I actually love this product. To describe these products to you, I will say it is a curl activator without the stickiness and harsh perfume smell. Both products have a pleasant floral fragrance, to me. I used the loose curl product a few times, as well as the tight curl. The reason I purchased the loose curl formula is because the tight curl formula was sold out. 
The only real differences I noticed in using the product is that the tight curl formula is a tad bit thicker. Not much though. The ingredients are a little different, as you can see below. 
Directions to apply these formulas are the same. I do believe that you must have a curl pattern for this product to work. It also does not offer much hold. Though it did whip back in shape the next day. On the sections that needed a little work, I added more and I was back in business. I have soft fluffy (a little frizz but I love playing in my hair) movable curls. 
On left is the Tight curl Formula and on the right is the loose formula
My hair LOVES glycerin which is why I think my hair responded so well to this product. It does have protein in both products but its far enough down in the ingredient list that it did not aggravate my scalp. 
The only issue that I did have with this product is that it leaves my hair looking a little dull. I have great moisture but I did need some oil for a lil sheen. 
Both products are 9.99 and at Walmart. I LOVE that I can find it locally. I believe that its 8 ozs of product. I dont have to product nearby. 
Below are the ingredients and directions, I may try the conditioner soon. It does have castor oil in it, though. Not CG friendly. We will see. 
Directions: After hair has been shampooed and conditioned thoroughly, detangle your tresses, toweling it dry but leaving the hair damp. Depending on your hair type, apply a moderate amount of our curl enhancer to your hair, starting at the scalp and smoothing to your ends. Style as you desire. To keep hair moisturized and curls defined, use this product daily to help your curls retain their curl memory.
Ingredients: Artesian Water, Glycerin, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Polysorbate 20, VP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer Carbomer, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Silanetriol, Fragrance, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil (Abyssinian Oil), Aloe Extract, Honey Extract, IodopropynylButylcarbamate
Loose Curl Enhancer gel activator.
Ingredients: Artesian Water, Glycerin, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Silanetriol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil (Abyssinian Oil), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Echinaecea Extract, IodopropynylButylcarbamate



No comments: