Friday, August 28, 2009

Conversation between father and son

So, I am over here on the computer and my husband and son are doing there ritual hangout Friday's. Well watching T.V., my son says "Daddy, someone kissed my hand today." My husband asked him who kissed his hand. My son turned and said some girl in his class. She wants to be my girlfriend. My husband told him he didnt need a girlfriend right now because he needs to concentrate on school. My 6 yr old first grader told his daddy that he didn't want a new girlfriend right now. He already had two a long time ago in Kindergarten. My husband then asked him if he knew what girlfriends meant. My son said matter of factly, " Uh yeah, thats when you like a girl, take them on dates, and hold hands. Since that statement silenced my husband, all my husband could say is you really dont need 2 girlfriends at once. They keep you busy. My son said "Yeah, I know. I know."

What in the devil. This child is 6 years old. What the heck does he know about girlfriend and boyfriend. Lawd, I have a long road ahead of me.

Soon as I heard this conversation, I HAD to post it.

2 comments:

EmberRose said...

Cheese and rice them trollops start early! It's getting harder and harder to get them to keep their heads in those books. Gracious.

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

lol...that is so cute.