Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving menu....its easy this year!

Sitting at dinner tonight, we (the family) discussed what we wanted for Thanksgiving. They were really easy this year. Well the main course was easy but the dessert menu... well I told them they had to knock off like 6 things. HA!!! 


While so far this is what we have:


Fried Turkey
Candied Yam Soufflee
Cornbread Stuffing
Collard Greens
Macaroni and Cheese (I didn't say baked M&C because I didn't know there was any other way of making until I moved up north)
Cranberry Chutney
Rolls with honey butter


See, easy right? Believe me I am NOT complaining. I will not have to be up all night and morning cooking. 




Now on the the revised dessert menu


Pumpkin Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Sour Cream Pound Cake
Banana Pudding


They named every fruit pie under the sun but I think this is it. I may do a peach cobbler. I just don't know. That's a lot of sweets. Maybe if I invite a few families over it will be ok.


I guess I better start my grocery shopping. I am not one to wait until the last minute.

No comments: