Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pre-poo...i tried again

I tried a while back to pre-poo my hair. That was a no-go! That is when I realized the I have a protein sensitivity issue. My head was on fire. Benedryl became my friend that weekend. Well didn't know at the time that it was protein but after further investigation I realized that I can only use products with protein sparingly. Since then I shy-ed away from pre-pooing.  What I found wasn't actually a conditioner. Me and winnie the pooh bonded yesterday. I have been reading blogs after blogs and decided to give it a try.

Here is what I did. I combined carrot and jojoba oil with my honey and heated it.  I can't recall the measurements but I used enough oil with to cut the stickiness and enough honey to cover my big ole head. Once I covered my head,  I covered my head with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 15 minuted. I rinsed and began my cleansing routine.

I loved the results my hair was so soft and had a great sheen. I will try again. I enjoyed the results!

I also tried ACV for my final rinse. Not sure about it yet. Don't know if my measurements were good because I didn't see any benefits.  I used 2 tbsp for 2 cups of water. I will try again after further investigation. Any suggestions?

No comments: