Thursday, May 3, 2012

Old Skool...Greasing my scalp

Artist Unknown

I had someone ask me the other day if I oil my scalp like our mothers use to do back in the day. For a while I didn't but I actually started back recently and I am very pleased with the results. My kinky Curly texture actually LOVES it. I even do it with the CG method. I usually oil my scalp while my hair is soaking wet. Then I apply styling aid, if any.

The reason I started oiling my scalp was because I was having issues with itchy scalp and I couldn't figure out why. So I decided to do what my mama did back when I was an adolescent.

There are only 2 different products that I LOVE for this. You don't have to use what I like but I would avoid mineral oil or petroleum. OK, back to what I use. I use either two products that are available at HairVeda.com. It's either the green tea butter or the almond glaze. It just depends on how I am feeling. I have noticed that my hair is even softer now.

Next blog post will be about my conditioners. I have been spending BIG bucks on conditioner since I use so much. Not happy. I tried to find something that I can purchase on the ground but no luck. So I think I may be switching back to some of my oldies that I get online but I want to test them out before talking about them. Some of the products that I am talking about were used before I started the CG method.

I am still using the curlkit. I will be talking more about the products that are included in the kits. Some I loved, some my hair hated. I will gather all the brands and start a Yea or Nay list.

Please stay tuned.

Have a great Thursday.

No comments: