Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mindful Eating

Hey Guys, I was wondering if you wanted to complete a mindful eating self-help guide. 

I purchased the book Eating Mindfully: How to End Mindless Eating and Enjoy a Balanced Relationship with Food, Edition 

I wrote a  few papers on mindful eating using a few mindful eating guides but never actually completed the exercises to eat more mindful. I think I want to try it out soon. 


According to Am I hungry.com 
Mindful eating is eating with intention and attention:

Eating with the intention of caring for yourself

Eating with the attention necessary for noticing and enjoying your food and its effects on your body

As you can see, mindful eating is much more than “eating slowly, without distraction.” While that’s certainly an important part of it, at Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Programs and Training, we believe that mindful eating encompasses the entire process of eating:

Awareness of your physical and emotional cues
Recognition of your non-hunger triggers for eating
Learning to meet your other needs in more effective ways than eating

Choosing food for both enjoyment and nourishment
Eating for optimal satisfaction and satiety

Using the fuel you’ve consumed to live the vibrant life you crave


This broad application makes mindful eating a powerful tool for developing a healthier, happier relationship with food."

I will make time soon to complete the workbook and when I do I will share each step with you. 
I w

No comments: